Popcorn Is Nice But Popcorn Ceilings Can Be Annoying!
Do you own an old house and are eager to have it renovated? Were you enticed by the new trends in interior designing that you want to recreate your interiors too?
Popcorn ceilings had their glory back in the days but in the present era, the trend has changed and the once stylish ceiling design becomes an annoying sight. It’s not only outdated, but it is also difficult to maintain due to its contours where dust and dirt tend to settle.
In addition, popcorn ceilings that were installed before 1978 contain white asbestos which was a popular component in construction materials before. We all know that asbestos is a toxic chemical that is linked to several health conditions including mesothelioma.
The health hazard involved makes popcorn ceiling removal not suitable for DIY projects. Particles from popcorn ceilings containing asbestos, once altered in any way, will mix into the air and immediately become airborne endangering everyone around. So it’s better to leave the task to professionals who are knowledgeable and equipped to deliver the job safely.
Professional Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Are you looking for a professional to remove your popcorn ceiling?
We’re the best in Frisco, Texas when it comes to removing that pesky popcorn ceiling. Our team is trained and experienced with all types of removal techniques. You can count on us to get the job done right!
We know how much work goes into getting rid of an old popcorn ceiling. That’s why we make sure our team works quickly and efficiently so you don’t have to worry about anything but enjoying your new space. If there are any problems along the way, we will always be available for support and guidance through every step of this process. Let us take care of everything so you can focus on what matters most – living life!
Our Popcorn Removal Process
- **Assessment- **Before we start the job, we assess the area first. It is important to evaluate the size of the ceiling and the level of difficulty for us to create an accurate price quote. Once an evaluation is done, we will present our all-inclusive cost estimate. Once we reach an agreement, we will then start the process.
- Asbestos testing- We value our workforce and every member of our professional junk removal team matters. That’s why to protect our crew and client, we implemented a protocol to determine when the ceiling was installed. We may ask a few questions as to when the house was built or when the ceiling was installed, in particular. We will also run a quick asbestos testing to make sure that it does not contain asbestos.
- Ceiling Removal- Before we start the removal process, we prepare the area by putting plastic drop cloth to cover the walls and floors from the mess. Furniture should be moved away from the work area too to allow our team to move freely.
- Repair- Once the popcorn ceiling is removed, we will assess the condition of your ceiling and perform repairs on gaps, holes, and leaks.
- Texturizing- We apply knockdown texture to your ceiling through a commercial spray rig.
- Painting- The knockdown texture takes up to 48 hours to fully dry. Once dry, you may now have it painted. We recommend roll painting over spraying to make sure that every nook and cranny is covered and the ceiling is perfectly sealed.